What To Wear - A Suggested Clothing Guide For Your Portrait Session
Here are some key points to remember when deciding what clothes to choose for your session.
* Solid colours are best, so avoid large or bold patterns, checks, logos and bright colours.
* Long sleeve dresses and shirts are recommended, though short sleeves are acceptable for infants and children.
* Long trousers are preferable to shorts - please don’t mix long trousers and shorts on different people for the same session.
* Carefully select appropriate shoes and skirts, trousers etc, as we may take some full-length portraits.
* Darker clothing tends to minimize body size and lighter tones tend to emphasize body size.
* Necklines are important, a “Vee” or “scoop” neck is best for people with shorter necks and fuller faces. A polo neck or high necked garment is more flattering for people with longer necks and slender faces.
* Please dress everyone in the same style of clothing - it's best not to mix casual and formal attire.
* Keep the tonal range of clothing within the group the same. Don't mix light and dark clothing.
* To assure a successful portrait, it's best to bring along several additional clothing choices so that we can help you get the very best out of your session.